Zmilky goes London

Monday, October 09, 2006

Work it.

Righto, so now I've started searching for work as we'll. I started it the day before yesterday by sending the incredible amount of two emails, applying for jobs found at gumtree.com. I kept up the pace very well yesterday by going down to starbucks and getting an application form, and hand out one whole CV to Subway!! Okay, for you who hasn't gotten it yet i'm being ironic, I've sucked so far, there has always been reasons to why I couldn't go searching - I have a cold and it is cold, I am not properly dressed, etcetera etcetera...

Though today has been a completely different story! I actually tried really hard and after asking at about 15 different places I had handed out one whole CV! Okay, that part felt hopeless, but like 10 minutes later I got called by a person who I think (observe think) was the one I handed the CV to. She asked if I wanted to come for an interview later and I said yes, so she said that she'd call me again. "And by the way, my name is Lady." I thought I must've heard wrong so I asked her what she said her name was, but she repeated the same thing and I accepted it. It seems I am going to an interview later... with a lady. Amazing isn't it?

I didn't give up there though, I kept on searching and after a while I entered this Italian place (it was named "Italiano"-blabla-something, and the two employes in there seamed to be Italian, even the two customers before me in line looked Italian. I felt totally misplaced, it was this small shop selling Italian cheese and olive oil and that kind of stuff, and I didn't even know what I were doing there. While thinking about running out, cause I really had nothing to do there the old man behind the counter said "Yees?". I thought I might as well since I've come this far, so I asked if they had any vacancies and he took me to the side and asked me what kind of a job I looked for and where I'm from.. I felt he was about to ridicule me, and just waited for the blow to strike me, but then he told me that one guy there was actually about to quit so there might be a fulltime job there for me. A bit time behind the counter and a great bit time of cleaning from what I understand, but hey, it's a job! And it's a five minute walk from where I live! So I thought it was a perfect job to start off with - especially since the total amount of cash I have left is £30. I get weekly pay, which means I'm probably actually able to survive now, yaaay me!

Oh we'll I havn't gotten the job yet, but he seemed like it was pretty much mine, he's gonna call me today or tomorrow. We'll, now I gotta to an "open interview" for another job, so well see how that goes :).


Aww yeah, it is true, we have done the laundry! Though Henning ended up getting more stains on one of his shirts then there were before putting it in the laundromat. One might think that when you pay 3,5 punds for one laundromat it should work. But no, not in London.. <3

2 Comments:

  • Nice work man!
    I myself had my first day at work today. It worked out pretty well. I guess it's a bit more fun than cleaning but on the other hand you won’t have to commute 2.5 h a day!

    By Blogger Berner, at 10/09/2006 11:00:00 PM  

  • berner: Aah, nice, so you've gotten started and all. Grats m8!

    warnis: righto, but the thing is that you have all reason to worry, cause i'm down at 20 punds to live on for the rest of this month. yay me.

    By Blogger Johannes the Zmilk, at 10/10/2006 07:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home