Zmilky goes London

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Raise me up

I've gotten a raise! :D:D

Today at work we had evalutation of how fast etc you are and after that we had wagetalk. And I got a raise! So now I earn like 80 pounds more a month, yaay me!

It's been quite a while since I wrote last time now, but I've just felt I havn't had that much interesting to talk about. I got my first monthly pay this Friday, that was awesome. The same night I made a budget of how much I could spend every week etc. Two days later I had crashed that budget straight through the floor. And the rest of the week hasn't gone that much better either, a little to much "going down taking a beer at the pub after work". So now I'm kind of back to status "poor". But at least i'll get some more money at the end of the month now, so jolly-o-joy.

Yesterday I finally started going to the gym. I took the first step and bought a monthly card at Fitness First. 75 pounds, now ain't that cheap!? :P But it was kind of worth the money though. Really comfy environment with free tea and soft drinks, free dispensers with shampoo and soap in the showers and that kind of stuff.

So I got some help from a guy named Martin that showed me around and made me a personal program based on me going to the army in a couple of months. I tried out doing the whole program before going home. Man did I look ridiculous trying to do 30 chinups.. I made like 3.. 10 times.

Oh we'll, speaking of the devil - the army that is - my mom called me the other day and told me I had gotten a mail from the army. Due to lack of money my time in the army has now gone down from 15 months to just 11 months. That could be a good thing, but the thing now is that I just get 4 extra months free - I get called in, in July 2007 - which is just plain annoying!! What the hell am I gonna do for a total amount of 7 months!? It was hard enough to find out what to do for the three months after I've gotten home from London..

But oh we'll, I have quite a lot of thinking to do. And i'll save that 'til later, cause now I'm going to the gym again!

PS! I kind of hate the "timeshift" right now. Made me end up waiting in the cold at 7am in the morning for 1,5h.. I could've slept :'(

Always fun using the tube at rush hour.. Here I am waiting in a 10-minute line just to use the escalator leading out of the station. A fire here should sure be fun "run run, panic".

4 Comments:

  • If you don’t want to speak your home language is fine by me, but soon you have to get used to the REAL language again, it cant be more than 1,5 month left of your stay. Anyway, as I wrote in my last comment that you refused to answer, and as you probably and hopefully know, we are coming to say hello at your doorstep the 8:th or 9:th of November, I’m not sure.

    By Blogger Jonas, at 11/01/2006 01:24:00 PM  

  • =) Good work!
    Btw, How the hell to you get to Skavsta from Uppsala?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/02/2006 10:36:00 PM  

  • Seems like you are enjoying your life in London :) keep it up. A tip for your military service, get out and run! @ the gym, as many repetitions as possible, and don't forget the back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/03/2006 09:58:00 AM  

  • Jonas: Sounds great that you're coming :D Look forward to it!

    Warnis: Hehe, we'll I have thought about it, but I don't really see it happening, I'm going home for Christmas, and then I guess we'll just see what happends. I think I wont be able to push myself to go back to London again though, no matter how great it is..

    Erik: You tell your dad "daaaad, could you drive me to skavsta at 5am in the morning?" with a big innocent smile on your face. :)

    Elk: Thanks for the advice m8, I have actually started going to the gym doing some real military training (pushups, chinups, running, rowing etc). But I might need some extra back training, that's right. So how are you doing over there in the army man?

    By Blogger Johannes the Zmilk, at 11/05/2006 07:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home