Zmilky goes London

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A working man.

Wow, I never find any time to blog nowadays, a day for me now is pretty much just "go up around 6am, go to work, go to gym after work, get home at 10 pm, eat a bunch of food, read a few pages in a book, go to sleep". And the weekends just fades away.. But life is good, I really enjoy actually earning my own living :). I havn't blogged in quite a while now, but we'll, to keep it short - a bunch of friends came over from Sweden after the last blog entry, that week was pretty much work and party/chill 24/7 aka no sleep. It almost felt like being home in Sweden again when they were over, so it felt quite weird when they were all going home. But then another week passed of gymming, working, reading, and the occasional beer here and there, and I got over it.

The last month I've had an extremely tight budget, always having just 5-10 punds for each week. This week I would have had 2 pounds to live on until friday, so I had gotten all into the "save your ass off" spirit. Then yesterday I realised that I had about 4 pounds of free calls on my swedish sim card, so I started searching for it. Along with the sim card I end up finding bloody 14 pounds that I had hid away before and forgotten about.. Guess if I were happy? :D

I went out, bought some beer to share with my roommate Henning. He has been sick and away from work for a month now and hasn't touched alcohol in during this whole time (he's still quite sick), but yeah. I'm a bad influence sometimes. We'll, after that I felt like calling home for my free 4 pounds.. and ended up calling up all the money on the sim card - about 14 pounds. But hey, it was not the 14 pounds I had in my hand, so I kept being cheerful :D

Now I have around 5 pounds left on that money, but on friday it's payday, so whoopiieee!! We will all go out partying straight after work (with the pay in our pockets), so the day will probably end up mooderately bad! :D

Other then that I've found an apartment for my last month here in London (1dec-18dec). It's in Marble Arch with some Swedes, it seems really cool so I think I will enjoy it. Oh yeah, I've booked my flight back to Sweden. The morning the 19th of december I go, so whoo whoo.

Lalablabla, what else do I want to say.. It's annoying not being able to blog when you want to, you end up forgetting the stuff you actually tell about, but one thing is that I'm getting even more scared off the kids here in London. 2 weeks ago when Johan was here and we went out in the morning I saw some kids standing not to straight next to a car and one kid seemed to be snorting something, using the car as a "table". And they were maybe about 13 years old.. That's one thing about London that is less fun.. A thing that is less fun to Henning but more fun to me (for now) is the stupid questions you can end up getting when you try to do something here in England and get stuck in the bureaucracy. Henning tried to get sickleave. Being a English citizen (english father, swedish mother) and also having proof from his GP that he was sick you might think it wouldn't be to hard. Guess again. I can't remember that many of the silly questions right now, but one was concerning if he "had escaped from a country to england because of a volcano eruption" and there was a bunch of questions about the "personal life of the person who is renting his apartment back in Sweden right now". Weird to the maximum.

We'll, that's all for today, as usual the images doesn't want to be uploaded, so they're coming later, but see you all, baibaii!

3 Comments:

  • on the topic of kids and drugs:
    "dad, why does people smoke cannabis?"

    anyway, I gues we'll see you rather soon, back in good ol' sweden...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/23/2006 02:39:00 PM  

  • Yeah well, the people that flee from volcano threaten cities are known to be criminals, haven't you heard? =D Have you decided what you’ll do when you get home? I mean, Johan will get a k-legg so if you don’t want to party at Felini without us, you should at least consider start study a course like him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/28/2006 09:22:00 PM  

  • Maskus: Haha, lovely quote :D Yep, at least around new years, I sure hope you have something planned then that doesnt require a student pass for the "nations".

    Jonas: I do want to study something, but it's hard to decide being over here, I have looked around some on their homepage on the internet, but it barely helps.. Could you look around a little if you can find some kind of "5 point night course" in something economy related?

    By Blogger Johannes the Zmilk, at 12/03/2006 04:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home